About Canadians for a Modern Industrial Strategy
Canadians for a Modern Industrial Strategy (CMIS) brings together people from labour, business and the community who believe our economic success and social well-being depend on adopting a proactive industrial strategy that:
- Recognizes governments have an essential co-ordinating and enabling role to play in the economy.
- Is a true partnership involving government, labour, business, community, academic institutions and other stakeholders.
- Reduces inequality by creating good jobs and putting people and nature at the heart of the economy.
- Goes beyond the sterile debate between “high tech” and “smokestack” industries and provides the tools different sectors need to be a vibrant part of a modern economy.
- Puts long-term needs ahead of short-term considerations.
Our activities include:
- Providing a forum for discussion of what should be part of a modern industrial strategy.
- Conducting research and analysis of public policy issues related to a modern industrial strategy.
- Providing access to research and information.
- Advocacy with government and in public forums for adoption of a modern industrial strategy.